Congratulations to Dr Anne Margaret Smith (co-author of English Sounds Fun) and Dr Judit Kormos for the fascinating and very informative roundtable discussion that was part of a very successful online course on Dyslexia and Foreign Language Teaching. The response to the course has been overwhelmingly positive and it is hoped it will run again next year.
What was stressed throughout the course was the importance of
· developing positive attitude and self-confidence of the teachers
· having an up-to-date and accurate knowledge of Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs)
· recognising dyslexia & SpLDs
· creating an inclusive environment
· using effective intervention techniques
· giving a fair assessment to the students
These are aims that English Sounds Fun can help to further by making high quality training and materials available to teachers. A few places are still available for the June training sessions in Athens.